Documents and Forms
Extracts from the Religious Corporations Law of the State of New York
(This Law governs all religious corporations in New York State)
- Articles 1 and 2 relate to all churches.*
- Article 2, Section 12 Property of the Episcopal Church.
- Article 3, Sections 40-41 Incorporation of new Episcopal Parishes.*
- Article 3, Section 42 Powers and duties of the vestry
- Article 3, Section 43 Annual election and special meetings
- Article 3, Section 44 Changing the number of vestrymen
- Article 3, Section 45 Changing date of annual election and the number of terms of office
- Article 3, Section 46 Changing the qualifications of voters, wardens and vestrymen
- Article 3, Section 47 Free churches in communion with the Church.*
- Article 3, Section 48 Legacies to unincorporated parishes.
- Article 3, Section 49 Eligibility of 18 year old members.
*These articles have not been printed in the Extracts.